On January 16, 2018 the board of directors of a new merged entity: JAMHI Health and Wellness, Inc. met for their first meeting, approved new Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws establishing a new mission of ‘Helping people live their own best lives’, positioning the organization to serve the community more effectively and comprehensively than ever before.
The organization is CARF accredited for governance as well as the following direct service programs:
- Case Management/Service Coordination: Integrated alcohol and other drugs/Mental health for adults
- Community Housing: Integrated alcohol and other drugs/Mental health for adults
- Crisis Intervention: Integrated alcohol and other drugs/Mental health for adults
- Integrated Behavioral Health/Primary Care: Comprehensive care for adults
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated alcohol and other drugs/Mental Health for adults
Today in addition to the new merged service array:
- Many residents at the Juneau Housing First Collaborative’s Forget Me Not Manor are receiving JAMHI Health & Wellness integrated services and through our partnerships with The Glory Hole and St. Vincent DePaul Society, are successfully housed.
- The new JAMHI Health and Wellness Midtown clinic started serving individuals, families, and children who need affordable primary health care service on a sliding-fee scale.
- JAMHI Health & Wellness intensive outpatient (or IOP) services for people with substance use disorders, which was initiated in November 2017 has reached capacity and a second program is being planned to meet community demand for local, high-quality, strength-based recovery services.
We at JAMHI Health and Wellness, Inc. have lots to be thankful for and our partnerships and effective relationships with our community stakeholders top our list as well as our most important resource, our human resource!