JAMHI Health and Wellness is excited to be starting an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) service. ACT is a person-centered, compressive community-based, practice that provides integrated treatment, rehabilitation and support to individuals diagnosed with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI ACT team.
The ACT Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP), under the direction of the ACT Team Leader, will function as the prescribing member of the ACT team in coordination with JAMHI psychiatrist, to provide comprehensive psychiatric nurse practitioner services to all ACT service recipients. Prescribes and monitors effects of psychotropic medications. Serves in a consultative capacity to staff and other health care providers, collaborating with JAMHI and community primary care and other ancillary and specialty healthcare providers to support integrated care to persons. Participates as member of multi-disciplinary team to ensure successful achievement of the ACT Team goals with all recipients.
Major areas of Responsibility Include but not limited to:
- Conducts psychiatric evaluation of ACT service recipients in a variety of community based settings.
- Provides medications as needed to include, medication evaluations, medication checks, and clinical/psychiatric management in a variety of community based settings.
- Refills medications as needed and makes necessary changes in medication regimen, if indicated.
- Maintains all JAMHI documentation and charting in a timely manner and completes external and managed care, insurance and other required documents.
- Provides consultation and training to clinical staff as member of the ACT team.
- Provides timely clinical consultation to Primary Care physicians and local private therapists, participates in any assigned local physician groups.
- Coordinate medication management including pick-up and delivery through Genoa to individuals receiving ACT services throughout a variety of community locations.
- Ensures that documentation is sufficient for billing purposes.
- May participate in program development with Chief Integrated Services Officer and/or ACT Team Leader.
- May intervene in emergency or crisis situations according to ACT team protocol.
- Supervise ACT Nurse
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters of Nursing degree in Psychiatric and Community Mental Health
- Must be licensed and certified Advanced Nurse Practitioner under 7 AAC 110.100 and enrolled under 7 AAC 120.100(c) as a dispensing provider
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license with Prescriptive Authority for Advanced Practice Nurse;
- Completed the necessary supervised hours to obtain prescriptive authority;
- Current DEA number
- Advance knowledge of individual, group, family and medication treatment modalities and their application to adults with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Ability to practice independently as allowed by the statutes of the State of Alaska.
- Ability to produce written documentation of clinical work in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate program needs and services to community organizations and groups.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet access.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including calculator, copy machine, fax, and multi-line telephone.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a sometimes hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
- Experience working as part of an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving.
Salary range: $52.48 – $73.93
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.