Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Clinician II
JAMHI Health and Wellness is excited to be starting an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) service. ACT is a person-centered, compressive community-based, practice that provides integrated treatment, rehabilitation and support to individuals diagnosed with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI ACT team.
Under supervision of the ACT Team Leader, the ACT Clinician provides a combination of assertive community treatment clinical, case management and emergency mental health and advocacy services in support of each person’s individual recovery journey.
- Provide clinical services to ACT Team recipients through;
- Face-to-face contacts in a variety of community based settings
- Telephonic support
- Crisis Intervention follow-up
- Participation in on-call rotation for 24-hour emergency response coverage to people receiving ACT services.
- Perform ACT intake assessments, functional/psychosocial assessments, diagnostic evaluations and formulate recommendations for appropriate mental health, or other, necessary services.
- Carry a caseload and insure adequate support toward recovery, maintenance in the community, psychosocial development and skills education.
- Provide services in an empathic, hopeful and welcoming manner, ensuring that there is truly “No Wrong Door” for service recipients with severe/persistent mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders.
- Develop individualized treatment plans with each client to further develop their ability to live independently in the community.
- Complete all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal & agency requirements including treatment plans, treatment reviews, functional assessments, and progress notes. Complete all within timelines set by JAMHI.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary treatment documents for the court and case record
- Act as behavioral health professional on the ACT team.
- Provide expert testimony as necessary in court for legal proceedings.
- Provide individual and/or group therapy in accordance to individualized treatment plans.
- Provide interagency and community consultation and education as needed.
- Support and facilitate the development of living skills that will aid independent housing placement in the community including meal preparation, financial management including entitlements, maintenance of a clean, orderly person and living environment.
- Support and facilitate the psychosocial development of clients including social, intellectual and behavioral skill building.
- Coordinate with other service providers where necessary to facilitate treatment goals: including, but not limited to Rainforest Recovery Center, Physicians, GHS, Bartlett Regional Hospital, SEARHC, REACH, job coaching, LCCC, court orders and Probation, etc.
- Attend all treatment team meetings and other required meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a behavioral health field and 2 yrs mental health experience.
- Must be professionally licensed in field or eligible for licensure and actively pursuing licensure.
- Experience working with persons experiencing co-occurring disorders preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Professional writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving.
Wage: $25.82 – $31.38 DOE
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.