Position: Assessing Clinician
Position Description: Under supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health Services, the Assessing Clinician performs comprehensive integrated behavioral health and substance use disorder assessments, formulating recommendations for appropriate services and communicating those to the clinical team accurately and efficiently.
- Perform integrated behavioral health assessments and substance use disorder assessments.
- Formulate recommendations for appropriate services.
- Collaboratively develop individualized initial behavioral health treatment plans, whenever possible.
- Communicating recommendations to the clinical team accurately and efficiently.
- Provide services in an empathic, hopeful and welcoming manner, ensuring that there is truly ‘No Wrong Door’ to needed services.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documentation for the court and case record.
- Provide expert testimony as necessary in court for legal proceedings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a behavioral health field and 2 years of combined mental health and chemical dependency experience; licensure preferred. .
- Must be professionally licensed in field or eligible for licensure and actively pursuing licensure.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Ability to be credentialed with Bartlett Regional Hospital’s current requirements as an Allied Health Professional.
- Professional writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving.
Schedule: Mon – Thurs (9 hours) Fri (4 hours)
Salary range: $25.82 – $36.37
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.