Position: Behavioral Health Associate I
Department: Residential Services
Salary Range: $17.45-22.54
Supervisor: Residential Services Director
Date: revised 5/10/18
Description: Under the supervision of the Residential Services Director, this position is responsible for the supervision of Severely Mentally Ill group home residents and their activities; provide support for symptom management and psychosocial development. Maintain a therapeutic, safe and healthy environment.
|45 %||Supervising residents, ensuring safety in a therapeutic, safe and healthy environment|
|30 %||Assist residents with development of life skills and achieving Treatment Plan goals|
|5%||Supervise adherence to medication schedule|
|5 %||Other duties as assigned.|
JAMHI Employee Expectations:
- Demonstrates reliable work attendance.
- Consistently arrives, ready to work, at appointed time.
- Consistently complies with break and meal schedules.
- Consistently notifies supervisor of work absences within the appropriate time frames.
- Protects client privacy when performing duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Client’s Rights/Responsibilities.
- Adheres to JAMHI’s Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.
- Comply with all JAMHI P&Ps and operational guidelines and local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in identification of problems at JAMHI and contributes to group problem solving.
- Utilizes appropriate channels of communication for conflict resolution.
- Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among work team.
- Gives and accepts feedback in a constructive manner.
- Wears appropriate, clean attire and maintains good personal hygiene.
- Knows location and use of emergency equipment (fire alarms, extinguishers, etc.)
- Knows Emergency procedures, including proper response protocol.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Responds positively when learning needs are identified.
- Attends mandatory in-service programs.
JAMHI Pledge of Quality:
Commitment: In order to continuously improve in everything we do, we welcome, accept and act upon constructive feedback from any source.
Dedication: In order to fulfill our dedication to helping others, we work together and support each other – always.
Integrity: We keep the promises we make. We do not promise what we cannot do.
Accountability: We hold ourselves and each other accountable and responsible for our actions. WE do not look the other way. Measurements and time frames guide our progress.
Responsibility: We ALL accept responsibility to make a difference in meeting the needs of our co-workers, the customer and the community. We are ALL responsible for solutions to problems.
Recognition: We acknowledge each other’s successes. We find joy in what we do daily.
Respect: We treat each other in a dignified, friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times.
Communication: We respectfully Speak, Listen and Respond to ALL individuals. We do not make assumptions. We confirm the message sent is the one received.
Team Work: We have our expectations in order to help each other succeed in our daily responsibilities. This is the success of our organization, and the success of our clients.
- Provide ongoing support, counseling, clarification and redirection to residents as needed.
- Transport residents as needed.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documents including progress notes, time sheets and incident reports in a timely manner.
- Assignment, assistance, and supervision of resident’s daily tasks, instruction and assistance in learning skills necessary to complete their tasks.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Plan, shop and prepare meals involving residents as much as possible.
- Maintain a clean and orderly living environment while also assisting residents in their involvement in household chores.
- Assure all house rules and policies are followed.
- Assist residents in planning activities and leisure time pursuits.
- Monitor residents’ intake of medications. Document the amounts and time of day they were taken.
- Attend required meetings, classes or in-services.
- Communicate with other staff members any information that will provide insight and better understanding of resident issues or the running of the household.
- Assist residents in following their treatment plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience providing direct service in the field of human services, preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as part of Residential Services team, with persons experiencing severe mental illness.
- Must be 21 years old and have had a driver’s license for three years.
Workers Supervised: 0
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.