Under the supervision and direction of the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team Lead, the ACT Nurse functions as a member of the ACT team in determining the most appropriate treatment regimen in meeting the identified needs of this population with the majority of services completed in the community. Responsible for medication coordination with pharmacy and physician (medical and psychiatric), interact and educate both staff and recipients about psychotropic medications, work closely with Prescribers regarding medication training/administration. Provide nursing assessments to include monitoring of recipient’s health care needs. Will require after hours and weekend coverage.
Major areas of Responsibility Include but not limited to:
- Assist prescriber and all ACT service recipients with ongoing medication management across a variety of community based settings.
- Administer IM and PO medications in a variety of community settings as directed by Prescriber.
- Provide medical screening, treatment, referral and support. Accompany ACT service recipients to medical appointments when indicated, coordinating health care services with JAMHI Midtown Clinic as well as all healthcare providers throughout the community as needed.
- Perform blood draws and complete necessary lab work/prepare and send out labs.
- Provide client education and support regarding medications and medical concerns.
- Coordinate medication management including pick-up and delivery through Genoa to individuals receiving ACT services throughout a variety of community locations.
- Triage medical needs
- Provide appropriate referrals for medical and dental needs and assist as needed.
- Maintain all necessary documentation and clinical records.
- Review current medication management protocols as well as the medical office and assist in updating as needed.
- Provide in-service training for ACT staff on common medical issues and appropriate treatment, intervention, and support strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must hold an active State of Alaska RN license under AS 08.68 and working in their respective discipline.
- Experience working with persons experiencing severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders or as a psychiatric nurse preferred. .
- Professional writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to establish trusting professional relationship with persons served and their allies which allows for mutual respect, compassion, empathy and insight in all interactions as well as appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Skill and experience in delivery of Evidence-Based Practices.
- Experience working as part of an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving.
Wage: $32.32 – $45.53 DOE
Please review the available open positions at the link provided Above