Position: ACT Team Leader
Department: Integrated Services
Salary range: $25.31 – $35.68
Supervisor: Chief Integrated Services Officer
Description: Under supervision of the Chief Integrated Services Officer, the ACT Team Leader is the clinical and administrative supervisor of the team, providing a combination of clinical, case management, leadership, supervision, program evaluation and CQI services to establish, support, continuously improve and maintain a high-performing, high-fidelity Assertive Community Treatment team serving adults with serious and persistent mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders in support of each person’s individual recovery journey.
|50%||Clinical Services and Documentation|
|35%||Leadership, program evaluation and CQI|
|5 %||Other duties as assigned.|
JAMHI Employee Expectations:
- Demonstrates reliable work attendance.
- Consistently arrives, ready to work, at appointed time.
- Consistently complies with break and meal schedules.
- Consistently notifies supervisor of work absences within the appropriate time frames.
- Protects client privacy when performing duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Client’s Rights/Responsibilities.
- Adheres to JAMHI’s Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.
- Comply with all JAMHI P&Ps and operational guidelines and local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in identification of problems at JAMHI and contributes to group problem solving.
- Utilizes appropriate channels of communication for conflict resolution.
- Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among work team.
- Gives and accepts feedback in a constructive manner.
- Wears appropriate, clean attire and maintains good personal hygiene.
- Knows location and use of emergency equipment (fire alarms, extinguishers, etc.)
- Knows Emergency procedures, including proper response protocol.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Responds positively when learning needs are identified.
- Attends mandatory in-service programs.
JAMHI Pledge of Quality:
Commitment: In order to continuously improve in everything we do, we welcome, accept and act upon constructive feedback from any source.
Dedication: In order to fulfill our dedication to helping others, we work together and support each other – always.
Integrity: We keep the promises we make. We do not promise what we cannot do.
Accountability: We hold ourselves and each other accountable and responsible for our actions. WE do not look the other way. Measurements and time frames guide our progress.
Responsibility: We ALL accept responsibility to make a difference in meeting the needs of our co-workers, the customer and the community. We are ALL responsible for solutions to problems.
Recognition: We acknowledge each other’s successes. We find joy in what we do daily.
Respect: We treat each other in a dignified, friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times.
Communication: We respectfully Speak, Listen and Respond to ALL individuals. We do not make assumptions. We confirm the message sent is the one received.
Team Work: We have our expectations in order to help each other succeed in our daily responsibilities. This is the success of our organization, and the success of our clients.
Successful Hiring: Objectively makes the best hiring decisions using consistency and best legal practices.
Communication: Consistently engages stakeholders in ongoing, direct dialogue about workflow, program needs, and achievement of overall organizational goals and objectives.
Delegation: Consistently plans trainings, assignment of tasks, follow-up and coaching of direct reports.
Performance management: Holds self and staff accountable; provides encouragement, incentives and consequences as appropriate.
Performs active coaching; takes corrective action; rewarding and disciplining when necessary.
Collaboration: Leads, follows-up and works effectively with others, both horizontally and vertically.
Decision-making: Consistently effective problem-solver; weighs probabilities and outcomes of pursuing various strategies with regard to overall organizational implications.
Overall, general leadership, including:
- Successfully leading people by directing, motivating and inspiring.
- Resourceful and able to achieve objectives in a variety of situations.
- Consistently demonstrates straightforwardness and composure.
- Effectively employing a structured approach to transitioning individuals, teams and the organization from current states to future desired states.
- Creates environments where employees and persons served, when applicable are actively involved in decision making processes.
- Ability to think and act strategically, to link short and long-term visions to daily activities, including the ability to provide clear direction and priorities, clarify roles and responsibilities. This direction is based on a wider external perspective, where the directions of industry and community stakeholder perceptions are considered.
- Clear commitment to meeting and exceeding standards of excellence. Focuses attention on achieving effective outcomes, while leveraging opportunities and taking calculated risks.
- Constant drive to enhance stakeholder value, achieve sound financial discipline, implement revenue growth and cost reductions wherever possible.
Risk Management Orientation
- Ability to identify and take advantage of opportunities while identifying and minimizing risks that will impede the organization from achieving its goals. This includes not only identifying risk and organization’s tolerance for it, but also participating in the process to determine the organization’s level of tolerance for risk as it best serves the organization’s strategic objectives.
- The ability to apply business thinking and fundamentals when considering organization issues, concerns and deliverables. This includes a clear understanding of areas of responsibility within the organization, how external factors affect strategies and operations and how all aspects of our business interact to produce successful organizational outcomes.
Decision Making / Problem Solving
- The ability to effectively analyze and evaluate information and situations and render effective decisions. This includes anticipating, identifying and defining problems, seeking root causes and developing and implementing practical and timely solutions.
- The ability to generate new products, services and solutions and develop creative approaches that lead to improved performance. Part of the larger paradigm shift of an expanding perspective, innovations includes an interest in new ideas and looking from a different perspective to ask “what if?”
- Actively seeking to understand and take into consideration the needs of the key internal and external stakeholders in all interactions; focused on building relationships with many different individuals and stakeholder groups to meet their needs. This includes engaging internal stakeholders across functions to break down silos and better serve strategic objectives.
ACT Team Core Competencies:
- Supportive of hope and recovery;
- Comprehensive, highly individualized, flexible and focused on learning skills related to life roles;
- Easily accessible, available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, via the resources of an integrated multi-disciplinary mental health team;
- Respectful of the importance of cultural considerations in service delivery and design;
- Provided in the recipient’s language at all points of contact, as needed;
- Committed to building and strengthening therapeutic and family relationships across all interactions;
- Focused on recipient choice, goals and achievable outcomes, including harm reduction;
- Provided in the community in places and situations where problems arise;
- Proactive in terms of continuous monitoring and engagement efforts; and
- Available as long as needed throughout transitions.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, leading, evaluating and staffing the JAMHI Health & Wellness Assertive Community Treatment including the development of policies, procedures and practices that support high ACT model program fidelity.
- Ensure ACT team is operating to consistently improving or maintained fidelity to the ACT model, including continuous quality improvement, preparation for fidelity assessments and adherence to State of Alaska/DHSS/DBH Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program standards.
- Coordination, oversight, participation in and delivery of required ACT training
- Development and coordination with ACT Stakeholder Advisory Group
- Oversight of clinical service delivery to ensure team is utilizing evidence-based services and practices
- Coordination with Director of Performance Improvement and Compliance to ensure all required data is being collected, reported, and reviewed, is accurate and that all required reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Participate in the JAMHI Health and Wellness continuous quality improvement process
- Facilitate the work on the ACT stakeholder advisory group including persons served, key community stakeholders, family members
- Fiscal management of the project and implementation of the sustainability plan to ensure program continuation into the future.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a behavioral health field and 2 yrs mental health experience.
- Must hold and active State of Alaska license in their respective discipline.
- Substantial experience working with persons experiencing severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders..
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Professional writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with persons served and their allies which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions as well as appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving.
Workers Supervised: Up to 15
Please review the available open positions at the link provided Above