BILLING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
JAMHI Health and Wellness is excited to be starting an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) service. ACT is a person-centered, compressive community-based, practice that provides integrated treatment, rehabilitation and support to individuals diagnosed with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI ACT team.
Under supervision of the ACT Team Leader, the ACT Clinician provides a combination of assertive community treatment clinical, case management and emergency mental health and advocacy services in support of each person’s individual recovery journey.
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Department: Financial Services
- Supervisor: Operations Support Specialist
Under direction of the Operations Support Specialist, the Billing Administrative Assistant assists the operations department with preparing and processing Primary Care and Behavioral Health billing (Medicaid, Medicare and 3rd Party), self-pay client billing, AKAIMS data entry and will work closely with the Financial Department for special projects as directed.
|20 %||Other duties as assigned.|
JAMHI Employee Expectations:
- Demonstrates reliable work attendance.
- Consistently arrives, ready to work, at appointed time.
- Consistently complies with break and meal schedules.
- Consistently notifies supervisor of work absences within the appropriate time frames.
- Protects client privacy when performing duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Client’s Rights/Responsibilities.
- Adheres to JAMHI’s Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.
- Comply with all JAMHI P&Ps and operational guidelines and local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in identification of problems at JAMHI and contributes to group problem solving.
- Utilizes appropriate channels of communication for conflict resolution.
- Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among work team.
- Gives and accepts feedback in a constructive manner.
- Wears appropriate, clean attire and maintains good personal hygiene.
- Knows location and use of emergency equipment (fire alarms, extinguishers, etc.)
- Knows Emergency procedures, including proper response protocol.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Responds positively when learning needs are identified.
- Attends mandatory in-service programs.
- JAMHI Pledge of Quality:
Commitment: In order to continuously improve in everything we do, we welcome, accept and act upon constructive feedback from any source.
Dedication: In order to fulfill our dedication to helping others, we work together and support each other – always.
Integrity: We keep the promises we make. We do not promise what we cannot do.
Accountability: We hold ourselves and each other accountable and responsible for our actions. WE do not look the other way. Measurements and time frames guide our progress.
Responsibility: We ALL accept responsibility to make a difference in meeting the needs of our co-workers, the customer and the community. We are ALL responsible for solutions to problems.
Recognition: We acknowledge each other’s successes. We find joy in what we do daily.
Respect: We treat each other in a dignified, friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times.
Communication: We respectfully Speak, Listen and Respond to ALL individuals. We do not make assumptions. We confirm the message sent is the one received.
Team Work: We have our expectations in order to help each other succeed in our daily responsibilities. This is the success of our organization, and the success of our clients.
- Verifies client insurance coverage.
- Enters insurance and sliding fee scale information into the electronic health record.
- Helps prepare and process third party payer, Medicare, Medicaid, and self-pay client billings.
- Works directly with insurance companies, healthcare providers, and clients to get claims processed and paid.
- Reviews and reconciles insurance remittances for unpaid and denied claims and appealing them when needed.
- Posts payments to the financial section in the electronic health record system.
- Answers client billing questions.
- Helps prepare, submit and track Prior Authorization forms for billing purposes.
- AKAIMS (State database) data entry – Enters intake and discharge data from reports generated by the EHR system.
- Clinical Treatment Documentation Entries – Enters Dispositions, Discharge Summaries and Intake information into the EHR system from the Clinical Review Committee notes.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Assists the Operations Support Specialist and the Financial Department with special projects as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in providing multiple operations support functions, such as; medical/behavioral health billing, accounting or coding preferred.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills including good command of spelling and grammar, and must excel in attention to detail.
- Must have strong computer skills including working with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to keyboard with speed and accuracy is necessary.
- Must demonstrate positive interpersonal skills, work well under pressure, and be able to work independently.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with current state regulations
Workers Supervised: 0
Wage: $17.79 – $22.98
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.
Disclaimer: The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the jobholder based upon the business needs and the request of management. Employee signature constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, duties, work environment, and physical requirements of this position.