The Billing Administrative Assistant assists the operations department with preparing and processing Primary Care and Behavioral Health billing (Medicaid, Medicare and 3rd Party), self-pay client billing, AKAIMS data entry and will work closely with the Financial Department for special projects as directed.
- Verifies client insurance coverage.
- Enters insurance and sliding fee scale information into the electronic health record.
- Helps prepare and process third party payer, Medicare, Medicaid, and self-pay client billings.
- Works directly with insurance companies, healthcare providers, and clients to get claims processed and paid.
- Reviews and reconciles insurance remittances for unpaid and denied claims and appealing them when needed.
- Posts payments to the financial section in the electronic health record system.
- Answers client billing questions.
- Helps prepare, submit and track Prior Authorization forms for billing purposes.
- AKAIMS (State database) data entry – Enters intake and discharge data from reports generated by the EHR system.
- Clinical Treatment Documentation Entries – Enters Dispositions, Discharge Summaries and Intake information into the EHR system from the Clinical Review Committee notes.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Assists the Operations Support Specialist and the Financial Department with special projects as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in providing multiple operations support functions, such as; medical/behavioral health billing, accounting or coding preferred.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills including good command of spelling and grammar, and must excel in attention to detail.
- Must have strong computer skills including working with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to keyboard with speed and accuracy is necessary.
- Must demonstrate positive interpersonal skills, work well under pressure, and be able to work independently.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with current state regulations
Salary range: $17.79 – $22.98 DOE
Please review the available open positions at the link provided Above