The Billing Administrative Assistant assists the operations department with preparing and processing Primary Care and Behavioral Health billing (Medicaid, Medicare and 3rd Party), self-pay client billing, AKAIMS data entry and will work closely with the Financial Department for special projects as directed.
- Verifies client insurance coverage.
- Enters insurance and sliding fee scale information into the electronic health record.
- Helps prepare and process third party payer, Medicare, Medicaid, and self-pay client billings.
- Works directly with insurance companies, healthcare providers, and clients to get claims processed and paid.
- Reviews and reconciles insurance remittances for unpaid and denied claims and appealing them when needed.
- Posts payments to the financial section in the electronic health record system.
- Answers client billing questions.
- Helps prepare, submit and track Prior Authorization forms for billing purposes.
- AKAIMS (State database) data entry – Enters intake and discharge data from reports generated by the EHR system.
- Clinical Treatment Documentation Entries – Enters Dispositions, Discharge Summaries and Intake information into the EHR system from the Clinical Review Committee notes.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Assists the Operations Support Specialist and the Financial Department with special projects as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in providing multiple operations support functions, such as; medical/behavioral health billing, accounting or coding preferred.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills including good command of spelling and grammar, and must excel in attention to detail.
- Must have strong computer skills including working with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to keyboard with speed and accuracy is necessary.
- Must demonstrate positive interpersonal skills, work well under pressure, and be able to work independently.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with current state regulations
Salary range: $17.79 – $22.98 DOE
Application Instructions: To be considered for an available position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and your employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email to HR@jamhi.org or drop it off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.