If you are passionate about helping others and you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI team.
Description: Under supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health Services, a Clinician II provides a combination of clinical/psychotherapy, case management and emergency mental health services to children, adolescents, and adults with mental illness.
- Perform clinical intake assessments, functional/psychosocial assessments, diagnostic evaluations and formulate recommendations for appropriate behavioral health, or other, services.
- Provide individual and/or group therapy in accordance to individualized treatment plans.
- Provide services in an empathic, hopeful and welcoming manner, ensuring that there is truly “No Wrong Door” for service recipients with co-occurring disorders.
- With the client’s input, develop & review individualized treatment plans to further develop their ability to live independently in the community.
- Act as directing clinician on treatment teams for assigned cases.
- Complete all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal & agency requirements including treatment plans, treatment reviews, functional assessments, and progress notes. Complete all within timelines set by JAMHI.
- As a back up only, provide mental health emergency services within the catchment area for individuals with acute emotional or psychiatric crisis through;
- Emergency Assessment
- Emergency Referral
- Crisis Intervention follow-up
- Participation in on-call rotation for 24-hour emergency response coverage to the community.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary treatment documents for the court and case record
- Provide expert testimony as necessary in court for legal proceedings.
- Provide interagency and community consultation and education as needed.
- Support and facilitate the development of living skills that will aid independent housing placement in the community; including meal preparation, financial management including entitlements, maintenance of a clean, orderly person and living environment.
- Support and facilitate the psychosocial development of clients including social, intellectual and behavioral skill building.
- Develop individualized treatment plans with each client and caregiver/family as appropriate to further develop their ability to live their own best life.
- Coordinate with other service providers where necessary to facilitate treatment goals: including, but not limited to Rainforest Recovery Center, Physicians, GHS, Bartlett Regional Hospital, SEARHC, REACH, job coaching, LCCC, court orders and Probation, etc.
- Attend all treatment team meetings and other required meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a behavioral health field and 2 yrs mental health experience.
- Must be professionally licensed in field or eligible for licensure and actively pursuing licensure.
- Experience working with persons experiencing co-occurring disorders preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Professional writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.82 – $36.37 per hour
Application Instructions: To be considered for an available position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and your employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email to HR@jamhi.org or drop it off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.