Responsible for providing routine and non-routine maintenance at JAMHI housing. Assists the JAMHI Facilities Manager in maintaining other JAMHI properties and grounds as directed.
- Under supervision of Facilities Manager, provides maintenance and upkeep for all JAMHI HUD 811 properties, as well as other JAMHI properties and grounds.
- Establishes a routine maintenance schedule for all sites and adheres to schedule.
- Prioritizes projects to best complete in a timely manner.
- Completes jobs/projects in a timely manner before starting a new project.
- Keeps supervisor abreast of delays in jobs/projects.
- Must be available via JAMHI cell phone during the work day, answering and returning calls in a timely manner.
- Purchases needed supplies, tools and other items following agency procurement procedures. Advises supervisor of supplies needed for all sites including Administration Bldg.
- Maintains gas-powered tools; ensures tools are serviced as needed, for each site.
- Completes and maintains required documentation including daily work sheets, time sheets.
- Maintains work van in orderly manner, stocking as necessary; advises supervisor of needed repairs/maintenance.
- Performs landscaping tasks as needed.
- Performs a minimum amount of janitorial tasks as necessary.
- HS or GED diploma required
- Must demonstrate knowledge of maintenance techniques and use of standard hand tools.
- Journeyman’s level of proficiency in three (3) of the construction trades, desired.
- Must have valid AK Drivers license and maintain a clean driving record, capable of obtaining and maintaining CDL, by passing a physical exam (49 CFR 391-41).
- Must be knowledgeable about standard safety practices and demonstrate a good safety record.
- Must be able to successfully work independently, with limited supervision.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with JAMHI tenants and consumers
- Computer literacy skills required.
- Must have the physical ability to perform lifting and transferring of no less than 50 (fifty) pounds and demonstrate good body mechanics while performing these tasks.
Salary Range: $17.06 – $21.81
To be considered for this position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email to HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.