Position Description: The Medical Assistant is responsible to assist physicians and nurses with clinic preparations and patient documentation to support patient centered care in a clinic setting as part of a collaborative team. Responsible for assisting with procedures and provide skilled clinical tasks and laboratory procedures as delegated and supervised by the healthcare provider.
- Conduct patient check in, assist with exams, office procedures, and minor office surgeries including set-up, clean-up, patient prep, and documentation in electronic medical record.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, review medication list, and perform other medical procedures per protocol.
- Administer injections and oral medication as ordered by provider.
- Collect specimen samples (i.e. urine, serum, stool, bacterial culture, etc.) and process them for send-out. Track all send-out labs and provide results to provider.
- Perform in-house (CLIA-waived) lab tests, including UA, UPT, BG, A1c, rapid strep test, rapid flu test, lipid panel, fecal occult blood test (FOBT) as ordered by provider. Perform required quality control testing on in-house tests.
- Responsible for tracking and reviewing test results with provider and notifying patient of test results as requested by provider. Document all conversations with patients via electronic medical record.
- Perform ECG’s and upload to Virginia Mason Secure Transport Website, track ECG over-read and provide results to provider.
- Obtain pre-authorizations for referrals as required and/or requested by provider (i.e. medications, studies, travel authorization, etc.). Complete necessary paperwork. Assist with discharge process and patient education.
- Responsible for inventory and ordering medical supplies to ensure adequate supplies and appropriate equipment are available including vaccines, injectable medication, and testing equipment.
- Ensure equipment is cleaned and maintained per protocol.
- Prepare and disinfect exam room for each patient visit. Stock patient rooms. Ensure the lab is clean and perform general upkeep of clinic.
- Check for missing reports (i.e. ER notes, etc.). Manage incoming phone calls, faxes, and voice messages prioritizing urgency and following up with provider/patient.
- Responsible for Auto Clave (i.e. order supplies, prewash, sterilize, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or high school equivalent (GED).
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment.
- BLS Certification or ability to obtain BLS within 30-days of hire.
- Ability to provide and maintain professional relationships with clients and their families, which allowing for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational boundaries
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving.
- Demonstrated PC skills (i.e. proficient with MS Office products).
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Graduate from an accredited medical assisting program.
- Experience working in a integrated medical and behavioral health setting or FQHC.
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
Salary range: $21.37 – $27.60
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.