Under the supervision and direction of the Integrated Services Nurse Manager, this position will provides professional nursing support for JAMHI’s Mid-level providers in compliance with professional standards performing a variety of administrative, clerical, and clinical duties. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. In addition, assists with the coordination of medication management and administration in accordance with professional, legal, and ethical standards at the JAMHI Clinic and residential program.
- Oversee and coordinate medication management integrating client needs and current mental status.
- Administer and oversee the administration of IM and PO medications as ordered and directed by Provider.
- Provide medical screening of patients prior to them being seen by Provider
- Perform blood draws and complete necessary lab work/prepare and send out labs.
- Provide client education and support regarding medications and medical concerns.
- Coordinate medication management including pick-up and delivery to JAMHI locations.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of patient medication “bubble-packs” as necessary
- Triage walk in clients as well as phone calls.
- Provide appropriate referrals for medical and dental needs and assist as needed.
- Maintain all necessary documentation and clinical records.
- Review current medication management protocols for JAMHI Residential Programs as well as the medical office and assist in updating as needed.
- Document patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures, and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environment and infection control prevention programs.
- Coordinate travel authorizations for Medicaid-Eligible patients as needed.
- Attend appropriate agency meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and with good judgement and the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of tact, discretion, and sound judgment in the performance of the work.
- Must be able to apply discretion in handling confidential information and situation.
- Must possess good organizational skills and ability to prioritize and productively mange time to ensure compliance with numerous deadlines.
- Experience working with mentally ill population or as a psychiatric nurse preferred.
- Basic computer skills including MS applications.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Alaska.
- RN with less than three (3) year’s comparable experience.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in the state of Alaska.
- A minimum of three (3) year’s comparable experience.
Salary range: $35.63 – $50.19
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.