This supervisory position is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and overseeing the delivery of health care at JAMHI’s Midtown clinic. Experienced with evolving integrated health care delivery systems, technological innovations, increasingly complex regulatory environments, restructuring of work and processes to gain efficiencies and continuous quality improvement in delivering effective quality healthcare in compliance with HRSA FQHC standards and in alignment with JAMHI’s mission of “Helping people live their own best lives.”
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Major focus on improving the business aspects of health care operations and, in coordination with the Chief Medical Officer, the quality of health care provided.
- Collaborates with clinical and administrative staff and medical staff to optimize clinical operational efficiencies.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to build employee morale and individual motivation.
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures, and processes.
- Works with medical staff to coordinate the monthly clinical indicator data collection and reporting. Assists in identification of improvements related to performance indicator and health outcomes and provides implementation oversight regarding agreed upon performance improvement activities.
- Oversight of the data capture and reporting processes to ensure compliance with FQHC Uniform Data System requirements and timely submission of such data to HRSA.
- Participates in staff human resource planning and decisions, including hiring, training, and supervision. Directly supervises MA staff and reception staff.
- Oversees Midtown staff training curriculum and program structure.
- Monitors patient service feedback and helps resolve complaints and service issues. Coordinates activities with other supervisors, administrative staff, and medical staff in an integrated service delivery model.
- Identifies and assists with implementing efficiencies related to the electronic health record.
- Displays an ability to competently use Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other software such as electronic health record and practiced management software.
- Ensures clinical delivery maximizes potential reimbursement by staying abreast of applicable regulations and payer requirements.
- Coordinate and track medical supply ordering.
Successful Hiring: Objectively makes the best hiring decisions using consistency and best legal practices.
Communication: Consistently engages stakeholders in ongoing, direct dialogue about workflow, program needs, and achievement of overall organizational goals and objectives.
Delegation: Consistently plans trainings, assignment of tasks, follow-up and coaching of direct reports.
Performance management: Holds self and staff accountable; provides encouragement, incentives and consequences as appropriate. Performs active coaching; takes corrective action; rewarding and disciplining when necessary.
Collaboration: Leads, follows-up and works effectively with others, both horizontally and vertically.
Decision-making: Consistently effective problem-solver; weighs probabilities and outcomes of pursuing various strategies with regard to overall organizational implications.
- Overall, general leadership, including:
- Successfully leading people by directing, motivating and inspiring.
- Resourceful and able to achieve objectives in a variety of situations.
- Consistently demonstrates straightforwardness and composure.
- Effectively employing a structured approach to transitioning individuals, teams and the organization from current states to future desired states.
- Creates environments where employees and persons served, when applicable are actively involved in decision-making processes.
Ability to think and act strategically, to link short and long-term visions to daily activities, including the ability to provide clear direction and priorities, clarify roles and responsibilities. This direction is based on a wider external perspective, where the directions of industry and community stakeholder perceptions are considered.
Clear commitment to meeting and exceeding standards of excellence. Focuses attention on achieving effective outcomes, while leveraging opportunities and taking calculated risks.
Constant drive to enhance stakeholder value, achieve sound financial discipline, implement revenue growth and cost reductions wherever possible.
Risk Management Orientation
Ability to identify and take advantage of opportunities while identifying and minimizing risks that will impede the organization from achieving its goals. This includes not only identifying risk and organization’s tolerance for it, but also participating in the process to determine the organization’s level of tolerance for risk as it best serves the organization’s strategic objectives.
The ability to apply business thinking and fundamentals when considering organization issues, concerns and deliverables. This includes a clear understanding of areas of responsibility within the organization, how external factors affect strategies and operations and how all aspects of our business interact to produce successful organizational outcomes.
Decision Making / Problem Solving
The ability to effectively analyze and evaluate information and situations and render effective decisions. This includes anticipating, identifying and defining problems, seeking root causes and developing and implementing practical and timely solutions.
The ability to generate new products, services and solutions and develop creative approaches that lead to improved performance. Part of the larger paradigm shift of an expanding perspective, innovations includes an interest in new ideas and looking from a different perspective to ask “what if?”
Actively seeking to understand and take into consideration the needs of the key internal and external stakeholders in all interactions; focused on building relationships with many different individuals and stakeholder groups to meet their needs. This includes engaging internal stakeholders across functions to break down silos and better serve strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in healthcare administration, business administration, public health administration or a related program; and
- Minimum of six (6) years of full-time, paid experience in high-level responsible business administration, human resources administration, public administration or an equivalent field, or as a healthcare administrator in a position of direct responsibility for total operations or major parts thereof in an integrated service setting including substantial exposure in demonstrably meeting community needs; or,
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience and training;
- Familiarity with HIPAA and other applicable federal and state privacy regulations.
- Extensive working knowledge of healthcare administration, medical procedures, laws and regulations pertaining to operations with special reference to FQHC requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including advanced computer skill competency.
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively with persons served and their families and community partners allowing for mutual respect, consistency, and empathy, within appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Demonstrable superior people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic with competency in the areas of business, human resource management and leadership development.
Wage: Per wage scale
Disclaimer: The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon the business needs and the request of management. Employee signature constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, duties, work environment, and physical requirements of this position.
Application Instructions: To be considered for an available position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and your employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email to HR@jamhi.org or drop it off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.