Position Description: Under direction of the Clinical Records Specialist the receptionist is responsible for reception area operations and provision of support services to JAMHI staff. Primary responsibilities include greeting clients and the public, answering our main phone line, transferring calls, insurance verification, collecting payments, scheduling appointments, patient appointment reminder calls, maintenance of workspace, team participation and promotion of JAMHI’s wellness culture.
- Greet clients or the public arriving for appointments and/or making inquiries.
- Answer telephone and transfer incoming calls to proper extensions.
- Respond to inquiries.
- Inform staff of client/visitor arrivals.
- Schedule appointments for psychiatric/medical provider, and clinicians.
- Make schedule changes as directed by clinicians and/or nurse/psychiatric/medical provider.
- Verify insurance and collect copay/deductible amounts.
- Receive payments for services and rent, and complete a receipt.
- Collect client update forms.
- Arrange postage and collection of all outgoing mail by postal service
- Receive, date stamp and sort incoming mail; place in interoffice envelope for distribution
- Send department-wide emails when someone calls in ill; late, etc.
- Faxing and copying when necessary.
- Perform daily reminder calls for psychiatric/medical provider and therapy appointments.
- Ensure daily, that Reception and Lobby area is tidy and clean
- General data entry as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of reception, clerical, administrative support, or general office experience.
- Previous customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with current state regulations.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work with our diverse population with special needs.
- Ability to work within a “fast paced & high stress” environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, and as member of a team.
- Commitment to punctuality and good attendance.
- Ability to provide and maintain professional relationships with clients and their families, which allowing for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving own vehicle the minimum state liability coverage is required.
Salary range: $18.84 – $24.33
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.