JAMHI is currently looking to hire a Community Housing Case Manager I/II. If you are a person who likes to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest possible level of service so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, this position is for you.
Provides rehabilitation services for severely mentally ill and dually diagnosed adults who may also be affected by traumatic brain injury, fetal alcohol spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities. Location: Services will be provided to clients living within JAMHI’s community housing. Other duties will be performed at the JAMHI clinic and in the community.
- Provide voluntary social skills assistance groups, behavioral modification training, case management services to program while ensuring that services represent the tenet that when mental health disorders and substance disorders co-exist, that both disorders should be considered primary and integrated dual (or multiple) primary diagnosis-specific treatment is recommended; that mental health disorders and substance disorders are both examples of chronic, biopsychosocial disorders that can be understood using a disease and recovery model; that these disorders have parallel phases of recovery; and, that treatment must be matched to diagnosis, phase of recovery and stage of change.
- Support and facilitate the development of living skills that will support client’s independent housing placement in the community including meal preparation, financial management including entitlements, maintenance of a clean, orderly person and living environment. In the event that a more medically supportive level of care is required, provide the case management and linkage services to obtain a Medicaid Waiver, obtain admission to an assisted living home or nursing home, and provide the services necessary to coordinate admission to said level of care and monitor the transition to ensure client’s wellbeing throughout the process.
- Responsible for coordination of medication needs with nursing staff regarding medication, coordination with OPA and other payee services regarding payment of medication bills to ensure medication continuity. Coordination with inpatient agencies and JAMHI nurses to ensure that client’s medication orders are followed upon discharge into JAMHI housing. When needed pass clients medications; by following proper medication pass procedures and being up on medication training yearly per nursing’s approval.
- Coordinate with other service providers where necessary to facilitate treatment goals.
- Support and facilitate symptom management including education, skill building, support systems, crisis intervention, de-escalation, while being mindful of trauma informed care practices.
- Complete progress notes in accordance with state and federal regulations, and submit such within deadlines set by JAMHI management.
- Respond to crisis situations, which develop within the JAMHI program helping to insure the safety and mental stability of clients according to the policies and procedures. Coordinate with JAMHI Emergency Services as indicated by the nature of client need.
- Communicate and coordinate with staff to ensure client’s individual treatment plans are being followed and to ensure therapeutic continuity.
- Just to name a few.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of:
- Methods, procedures, and techniques used in the development of an individualized treatment plan.
- Principles and practices of case management
- Knowledge of community resources
- Medical and behavioral health issues and terminology
Be skilled in:
- Oral and written communication
- The use of various software
- Interviewing and interacting with clients and their family members
- Problem identification and resolution
And the ability to:
- Work independently and within diverse teams
- Shift priorities and adjust to changes
- Organize and manage caseload
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency, and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Drive a motor vehicle and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening
- Pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulations
Case Manager I ($21.37 – $27.60 DOE)
•High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Two years of experience providing direct service in the
field of human services or minimum one year experience providing direct
services with persons experiencing severe mental illness and co-occurring
Case Manager II ($24.58 –$ 31.77 DOE)
•Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or related
human service field preferred.
•Five years of experience working directly with the
severely mentally may substitute for bachelor’s degree.
To be considered for this position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email to HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy. Applications online at: https://jamhi.wpengine.com/jamhi-careers