Case Manager I/II – FMNM Housing First
Under direction of the Case Management Supervisor, Case Manager I/II provides case management services to residents of Forget-Me-Not-Manor (FMNM), Juneau’s Housing First Collaboration, in addition to individuals transitioning into FMNM as openings become imminent, through a person centered and harm reduction approach. FMNM houses individuals who have experienced chronic homelessness, substance use or co-occurring substance use, and mental health issues, in addition to possibly living with traumatic brain injuries, fetal alcohol spectrum disorders, development disabilities, and chronic medical conditions. Case Management services include outreach, access and coordination with community services such as Social Security, APA, housing supports, and medical providers, in addition to encouraging skill development in areas such as symptom management, interpersonal skills, budgeting and overall ADL skills, through supportive counseling and advocacy. This position can be filled at either the I or II level depending on the applicant’s qualifications and job experience.
- Must be able to work independently, moving clients in the direction of independence by encouraging self-determination, self-evaluation and consistently assisting consumers to recognize own strengths and using those strengths for personal growth of each individual.
- Must be able to recognize and implement Housing First philosophy and strategies, through means of harm reduction, person centered, and intensive case management services.
- Provide active outreach to clients included in the caseload that may be transitioning into FMNM or out of FMNM, to aid in success and continuum of care.
- Carry a caseload and insure adequate support toward recovery, maintenance in the community, psychosocial development and skills education.
- Provide services in an empathic, hopeful and welcoming manner, ensuring that there is truly “No Wrong Door” for service recipients with co-occurring disorders.
- Develop individualized treatment plans with each client to further develop their ability to live independently in the community.
- Complete all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal & agency requirements including treatment plans, treatment reviews, functional assessments, and progress notes. Complete all within timelines set by JAMHI.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary treatment documents for the case record.
- Act as behavioral health professional on treatment teams for assigned cases.
- Provide expert testimony as necessary in court for legal proceedings.
- Provide interagency and community consultation and education as needed.
- Support and facilitate symptom management including education, skill building, support systems, crisis intervention, de-escalation and help with medication monitoring.
- Support and facilitate the development of living skills that will aid independent living in the community which include housing maintenance, meal preparation, and financial management including entitlements, maintenance of a clean, orderly person and living environment.
- Support and facilitate the psychosocial development of clients including social, intellectual and behavioral skill building.
- Assist with access and coordination of financial resources such as Social Security, APA, Payee/Conservator and others.
- Coordinate with other service providers where necessary to facilitate treatment goals: including, but not limited to Rainforest Recovery Center, Physicians, GHS, Bartlett Regional Hospital, SEARHC, REACH, job coaching, LCCC, court orders and Probation, etc.
- Coordinate with FMNM Housing First Staff to collaborate and debrief client needs that may happen both during and outside working hours.
- Respond to crisis situations which develop within FMNM during working hours to ensure the safety and mental stability of clients, according to standard policies and procedures. This includes a review of incident reports and follow up with FMNM Housing First and JAMHI staff as needed.
- Coordinate with JAMHI Integrated Primary Care when possible and appropriate.
- Attend all treatment team meetings, including CRC and other required meetings and trainings.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Case Manager I ($21.37 – $25.74)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience providing direct service in the field of human services or minimum one year experience providing direct services with persons experiencing severe mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Good writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Ability to work with staff of varied backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively with superiors, subordinate staff, other agencies, and the public.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving own vehicle the minimum state liability coverage is required.
Case Manager II ($24.58 – $29.63)
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or related human service field preferred.
- Five years of experience working directly with the severely mentally may substitute for bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work with staff and consumers of varied backgrounds. Ability to work with documents and clinical systems. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and other staff.
- Must be able to pass a State of Alaska background check.
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.