Position: Administrative Assistant (CCBHC)
Position Description: Under the direction of the Certified Community Behavioral Health Center (CCBHC) Program Evaluator, the CCBHC Administrative Assistant provides a range of clinical and administrative support services to clients and staff of the CCBHC project. Conducts client interviews, manages data collection and follow up, and coordinates with internal health care providers to optimize service outcomes. Promotes agency-wide focus on results, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Conducts clinical interviews and provides supportive counseling and psychoeducation to clients and their participating social support persons to identify needs and progress on goals.
- Participates in CCBHC Quality Review committee meetings, keeping minutes and distributing as needed.
- As needed, assists CCBHC team members in follow up on Action steps between meetings.
- Obtains basic physical health indicators and vital signs from patient or medical record.
- Implements standardized measurement tools to obtain data on social determinants of health.
- Shares relevant clinical information with treatment providers to address individual needs and influence the focus of treatment.
- Enters data into SPARS Data Entry system, maintains records, and monitors timelines.
- Documents all client contacts in electronic health record within a 24-hour period.
- Maintains familiarity with and handles client information in accordance with Federal Regulations (42 CFR, Part 2) and other applicable laws pertaining to confidentiality of client and staff information.
- Maintains physical security of confidential materials and assigned Agency property.
- Performs relevant clinical and administrative tasks across multiple locations, including the ACT Team when necessary.
- Demonstrates proficiency in utilization of the Agency’s electronic medical record system.
- Participates in team meetings and program development.
- Attends Performance Improvement Meetings on a regular scheduled basis.
- Provides information and education to community members.
- Maintains high standards of professional conduct in interaction with clients, staff and other community members.
- Maintains professional competency through a program of professional development and in-service training.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changing work demands to meet client needs.
- Facilitates I-EVAL data collection.
- PHQ-9 collection at time of referral call and triage.
- Facilitate NOMS data collection at intake; 6-months; 12-months; 18-months and discharge. Engage clients to complete NOMS.
- Updating client demographic information as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience providing direct service in the field of human services or minimum one year experience providing direct services with persons experiencing severe mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- Medical background preferred (i.e. CNA, EMT, MA, LPN).
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Ability to work with staff of varied backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively with superiors, subordinate staff, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgement in problem solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills and comfort with basic Office applications including MS Excel.
- Practice of respectful communication with clients to enhance rapport and positive outcomes.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet the Agency’s performance, quality assurance and productivity standards.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving own vehicle the minimum state liability coverage is required.
Salary range: $18.84 – $22.69
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.