Position: Health and Wellness Coordinator
Department: Prevention and Wellness
Salary range: $22.49 – $29.04
Supervisor: Director Prevention and Wellness
Date: Revised 09/29/19
Description: The Health and Wellness Coordinator assists clients in developing and implementing their own personal wellness program. Assess client lifestyles, address health concerns and then work with the clients to make behavioral, nutritional and fitness changes in order to promote better health and wellness. They teach others about managing their mental and physical health through individual sessions and/or groups/classes. Create and adapt wellness objectives to overcome barriers to health based on input from clients. Provide support, education, and motivation related to wellness. Encourage by example.
|70%||Provide direct client support, develop/plan individual sessions/classes|
|5 %||Other duties as assigned.|
JAMHI Employee Expectations:
- Demonstrates reliable work attendance.
- Consistently arrives, ready to work, at appointed time.
- Consistently complies with break and meal schedules.
- Consistently notifies supervisor of work absences within the appropriate time frames.
- Protects client privacy when performing duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Client’s Rights/Responsibilities.
- Adheres to JAMHI’s Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.
- Comply with all JAMHI P&Ps and operational guidelines and local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in identification of problems at JAMHI and contributes to group problem solving.
- Utilizes appropriate channels of communication for conflict resolution.
- Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among work team.
- Gives and accepts feedback in a constructive manner.
- Wears appropriate, clean attire and maintains good personal hygiene.
- Knows location and use of emergency equipment (fire alarms, extinguishers, etc.)
- Knows Emergency procedures, including proper response protocol.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Responds positively when learning needs are identified.
- Attends mandatory in-service programs.
JAMHI Pledge of Quality:
Commitment: In order to continuously improve in everything we do, we welcome, accept and act upon constructive feedback from any source.
Dedication: In order to fulfill our dedication to helping others, we work together and support each other – always.
Integrity: We keep the promises we make. We do not promise what we cannot do.
Accountability: We hold ourselves and each other accountable and responsible for our actions. WE do not look the other way. Measurements and timeframes guide our progress.
Responsibility: We ALL accept responsibility to make a difference in meeting the needs of our co-workers, the customer and the community. We are ALL responsible for solutions to problems.
Recognition: We acknowledge each other’s successes. We find joy in what we do daily.
Respect: We treat each other in a dignified, friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times.
Communication: We respectfully Speak, Listen and Respond to ALL individuals. We do not make assumptions. We confirm the message sent is the one received.
Team Work: We have our expectations in order to help each other succeed in our daily responsibilities. This is the success of our organization, and the success of our clients.
- Assess client to determine the best program(s) to meet the client’s goals
- Assist clients in setting and achieving goals related to wellness and a healthy lifestyle.
- Use motivational interviewing techniques.
- Coordinate client care among the wellness team, peer support, clinicians, case managers, and residential staff for integrated care.
- Track, update and monitor wellness data for progress and program improvement.
- Monitor new clients to ensure seamless wellness integration into treatment plans. Modify plans when new processes are needed or old plans need updating.
- Represent wellness at treatment team meetings and other required meetings and trainings.
- Provide new employee orientation training on wellness.
- Plan and coordinate multiple wellness programs making changes when needed.
- Work with clients to identify and establish wellness support systems, increase independence, maintain focus on personal goals and make good choices.
- Provide instruction and facilitation for group activities.
- Help plan and facilitate celebration/recognition events for participants.
- Actively participate in individual and group activities.
- Coordinate with peer specialists, primary care and behavioral health specialists to expand the reach of wellness and health focused services.
- Complete all tracking and reporting requirements for outcomes and evaluation within required timeframes.
- Manage individual caseload of clients.
- Ability to cope with clients who may use challenging behavior and the potential for escalation
- Promote client engagement and active participation in other recovery/rehabilitative services e.g., therapy with clinicians, attendance at primary care and psychiatric appointments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health education, nursing, nutrition, physical education or related field, or the equivalent in academics and work experience.
- Licensed dietician, fitness trainer or certified health educator preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in counseling on health topics such as nutrition, exercise, cholesterol, hypertension, stress, alcohol and smoking.
- Certified in CPR/AED and able to maintain certification; may obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
- Certified as Personal Trainer and able to maintain certification; may obtain certification within 3 months of hire.
- Experience working with persons experiencing mental illness and substance use disorders preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology with ability in developing personal or group exercise programs.
- Knowledge of nutrition and applications to persons with prediabetes/diabetes.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete projects with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrates innovation and an acceptance of new ideas and concepts.
- Shows the ability to resolve conflicts with clients and assists them in developing a positive approach to their health and behaviors.
- Possesses optimism and the ability to motivate clients to make vital changes in their lives.
- Exhibits effective communication skills for working with clients, their families and their other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to clients and a willingness to provide the best care possible.
- Shows self-confidence and the ability to express views that may not be popular or shared by clients.
Workers Supervised: 0
Disclaimer: The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the jobholder based upon the business needs and the request of management. Employee signature constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, duties, work environment, and physical requirements of this position.