Receptionist ($18.84 – $24.33 DOE)
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI team. Our receptionist is responsible for the reception area operations and provision of support services to JAMHI staff. Primary responsibilities include greeting clients and the public, answering our main phone line, transferring calls, insurance verification, collecting payments, scheduling appointments, patient appointment reminder calls, maintenance of workspace, team participation and promotion of JAMHI’s wellness culture.
Major areas of Responsibility Include but not limited to:
- Greet clients or the public arriving for appointments and/or making inquiries.
- Answer telephone and transfer incoming calls to proper extensions.
- Respond to inquiries.
- Inform staff of client/visitor arrivals.
- Schedule appointments for psychiatric/medical provider, and clinicians.
- Make schedule changes as directed by clinicians and/or nurse/psychiatric/medical provider.
- Verify insurance and collect copay/deductible amounts.
- Receive payments for services and rent, and complete a receipt.
- Collect client update forms.
- Arrange postage and collection of all outgoing mail by postal service
- Receive, date stamp and sort incoming mail; place in interoffice envelope for distribution
- Send department-wide emails when someone calls in ill; late, etc.
- Faxing and copying when necessary.
- Perform daily reminder calls for psychiatric/medical provider and therapy appointments.
- Ensure daily, that Reception and Lobby area is tidy and clean
- General data entry as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of reception, clerical, administrative support, or general office experience.
- Previous experience in medical office setting preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with current state regulations.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work with our diverse population with special needs.
- Ability to work within a “fast paced & high stress” environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, and as member of a team.
- Commitment to punctuality and good attendance.
- Ability to provide and maintain professional relationships with clients and their families, which allowing for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving own vehicle the minimum state liability coverage is required.
- Extended periods of sitting and ability to move from a sitting to standing position frequently. Bending, pushing, moving and lifting objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Mobility and dexterity sufficient to assist clients and handle required job-related functions and move about the facility. Ability to cope with clients who may use challenging or offensive language with potential for escalation.
Hours of work will include evenings and weekends.
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.