Position: ACT Psychiatric Prescriber
Department: Integrated Services
Salary range: $51.96 – $73.20
Supervisor: Chief Integrated Services Officer
Description: Serves as the prescribing member of the ACT team in coordination with JAMHI psychiatrist, to provide comprehensive psychiatric nurse practitioner services to all ACT service recipients. Prescribes and monitors effects of psychotropic medications. Serves in a consultative capacity to staff and other health care providers, collaborating with JAMHI and community primary care and other ancillary and specialty healthcare providers to support integrated care to persons. Supervises one ACT Nurse.
|40%||Psychotropic medication monitoring and management|
|30 %||Psychiatric assessment of persons served|
|25 %||Administrative/documentation; staff consultation|
|5 %||Other duties as assigned.|
JAMHI Policies and Procedures:
- Demonstrates reliable work attendance.
- Consistently arrives, ready to work, at appointed time.
- Consistently complies with break and meal schedules.
- Consistently notifies Supervisor of illness within the appropriate time frames.
- Accepts a fair share of unscheduled work when warranted by increased workload.
- Protects client privacy when providing care.
- Protects information of a confidential nature (including Protected Health Information & administrative).
- Assures appropriate physical and psychosocial support of client/family in crisis.
- Considers client’s values, lifestyle, and/or spiritual needs.
- Intervenes as clients advocate when appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Client’s Rights/Responsibilities.
- Adheres to JAMHI’s Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.
- Comply with all JAMHI P&Ps and operational guidelines and local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Interacts courteously with client/family/visitors, including explaining role.
- Participates in identification of problems at JAMHI and contributes to group problem solving.
- Utilizes appropriate channels of communication for conflict resolution.
- Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among work team.
- Gives and accepts feedback in a constructive manner.
- Wears appropriate, clean attire and maintains good personal hygiene.
- Attire does not interfere with the safe delivery of care.
- Knows location and use of emergency equipment (fire alarms, extinguishers, etc.)
- Knows correct procedure to report a fire or emergency.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Disaster Plan.
- Maintains on file a current emergency phone contact for use in disasters.
- Participates in emergency drills.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Contributes to JAMHI’s tidiness and readiness for emergency response.
- Responds positively when learning needs are identified.
- Attends mandatory in-service programs.
JAMHI Pledge of Quality:
Commitment: In order to continuously improve in everything we do, we welcome, accept and act upon constructive feedback from any source.
Dedication: In order to fulfill our dedication to helping others, we work together and support each other – always.
Integrity: We keep the promises we make. We do not promise what we cannot do.
Accountability: We hold ourselves and each other accountable and responsible for our actions. WE do not look the other way. Measurements and time frames guide our progress.
Responsibility: We ALL accept responsibility to make a difference in meeting the needs of our co-workers, the customer and the community. We are ALL responsible for solutions to problems.
Recognition: We acknowledge each other’s successes. We find joy in what we do daily.
Respect: We treat each other in a dignified, friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times.
Communication: We respectfully Speak, Listen and Respond to ALL individuals. We do not make assumptions. We confirm the message sent is the one received.
Team Work: We have our expectations in order to help each other succeed in our daily responsibilities. This is the success of our organization, and the success of our clients.
Successful Hiring: Objectively makes the best hiring decisions using consistency and best legal practices.
Communication: Consistently engages stakeholders in ongoing, direct dialogue about workflow, program needs, and achievement of overall organizational goals and objectives.
Delegation: Consistently plans trainings, assignment of tasks, follow-up and coaching of direct reports.
Performance management: Holds self and staff accountable; provides encouragement, incentives and consequences as appropriate.
Performs active coaching; takes corrective action; rewarding and disciplining when necessary.
Collaboration: Leads, follows-up and works effectively with others, both horizontally and vertically.
Decision-making: Consistently effective problem-solver; weighs probabilities and outcomes of pursuing various strategies with regard to overall organizational implications.
ACT Team Core Competencies:
- Supportive of hope and recovery;
- Comprehensive, highly individualized, flexible and focused on learning skills related to life roles;
- Easily accessible, available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, via the resources of an integrated multi-disciplinary mental health team;
- Respectful of the importance of cultural considerations in service delivery and design;
- Provided in the recipient’s language at all points of contact, as needed;
- Committed to building and strengthening therapeutic and family relationships across all interactions;
- Focused on recipient choice, goals and achievable outcomes, including harm reduction;
- Provided in the community in places and situations where problems arise;
- Proactive in terms of continuous monitoring and engagement efforts; and
- Available as long as needed throughout transitions.
- Conducts psychiatric evaluation of ACT service recipients in a variety of community based settings.
- Provides medications as needed to include, medication evaluations, medication checks, and clinical/psychiatric management in a variety of community based settings.
- Refills medications as needed and makes necessary changes in medication regimen, if indicated.
- Maintains all JAMHI documentation and charting in a timely manner and completes external and managed care, insurance and other required documents.
- Provides consultation and training to clinical staff as member of the ACT team.
- Provides timely clinical consultation to Primary Care physicians and local private therapists, participates in any assigned local physician groups.
- Ensures that documentation is sufficient for billing purposes.
- May participate in program development with Chief Integrated Services Officer and/or ACT Team Leader.
- May intervene in emergency or crisis situations according to ACT team protocol.
- Supervise ACT Nurse
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters of Nursing degree in Psychiatric and Community Mental Health working within the scope of education, training and experience.
- Must be licensed and certified Advanced Nurse Practitioner under 7 AAC 110.100 and enrolled under 7 AAC 120.100(c) as a dispensing provider
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license with Prescriptive Authority for Advanced Practice Nurse
- Advance knowledge of individual, group, family and medication treatment modalities and their application to adults with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Ability to produce written documentation of clinical work in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate program needs and services to community organizations and groups.
- Ability to work with electronic documents and effectively use an electronic clinical record system.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including calculator, copy machine, fax, and multi-line telephone.
- Interpersonal and communication skills that facilitate teamwork, as well as develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
Workers Supervised: Up to 2 or 3
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.