Reentry Case Manager provides support for citizens returning to the community after incarceration. Acts as a case manager for returning citizens by coordinating offender management plans and connecting individuals to services such as Medicaid, housing, food, employment, education and behavioral health treatment. Works with reentrants from 90 days prior to release to six months after release. Member of the Juneau Reentry Coalition. Works with community partners to identify gaps and barriers for returning citizens. Works closely with JAMHI Peer Support Staff and JAMHI clinical staff to enhance client services and transition clients to other programs. Completes reporting in Carelogic, AKAIMS and quarterly SOA reports. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides case management services to target population beginning no earlier than 90 days pre-release and up to 6 months post release.
- Facilitates information meetings in the prison or by zoom to inform inmates about the program.
- Plans for release and services for individuals being released.
- Coordinates and facilitates an in-reach introductory and planning meeting with the inmate at the prison or via zoom prior to release.
- Works with parole officers in and out of prison to plan for reentrant services; attends weekly meetings with LCCC parole officers.
- Transports clients to the food bank, parole office, dr. appointments.
- Administers screening tools, develops transition and aftercare plans.
- Coordinates wraparound services to provide additional support if needed to address behavioral issues that could undermine the participant’s success.
- Completes all required paperwork including documentation within the appropriate timeframes in the Alaska Automated Information Management System (AKAIMS), Carelogic and State of Alaska grant reporting.
- Meets with clients in a variety of locations and situations.
- Manages care coordination for multiple clients with various needs and in various stages of returning to the community.
- Collaborates with re-entry coalition and community agencies to address barriers and gaps in services for people reentering the community after incarceration.
- May provide post release follow up with returning citizens in the community.
- Advocates for target population.
- Makes presentations to a variety of groups about the re-entry program.
- Facilitates client groups.
- Serves as member of Juneau Reentry Coalition Steering Team.
- Works closely with JAMHI Peer Support, Case Managers and clinicians to coordinate services.
- Minimum of two years’ experience; preferably working in a social service or similar agency that provides services to people who have been involved in the criminal justice system.
- Experience working with people who have mental health and /or substance use disorders preferred.
- High School diploma/GED; postsecondary education.
- Must be able to pass background check (and variance if necessary).
- Must have a valid Alaska Driver’s license at time of appointment and for continued employment.
- Have a clean driving record for a minimum of three years at the time of appointment.
Salary Range – $21.16 – 27.33
To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.