The Receptionist’s primary responsibilities include greeting clients and the public, answering the main phone line, transferring calls, insurance verification, collecting payments, scheduling appointments, client appointment reminder calls, maintenance of workspace, team participation and promotion of JAMHI’s wellness culture.
|Client contact and scheduling appointments
|Other duties as assigned.
- Greet clients or the public arriving for appointments and/or making inquiries.
- Answer telephone and transfer incoming calls to proper extensions.
- Respond to inquiries.
- Inform staff of client/visitor arrivals.
- Schedule appointments for psychiatric/medical provider, and clinicians.
- Make schedule changes as directed by clinicians and/or nurse/psychiatric/medical provider.
- Verify insurance and collect copay/deductible amounts.
- Receive payments for services and rent, and complete a receipt.
- Verify client information (mailing & physical address, phone number, etc.)
- Arrange postage and collection of all outgoing mail by postal service
- Receive, date stamp and sort incoming mail; place in interoffice envelope for distribution
- Faxing and copying when necessary.
- Perform daily reminder calls for medical provider and therapy appointments.
- Ensure daily, that Reception and waiting area is neat and clean
- General data entry as necessary.
- Close cash sheet at the end of every business day and prep all receipts w/cash sheet for Terri
- Send out referrals, records request, and refill requests in timely manner (same day and if the provider note for the referral is not available no later than the following day)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of reception, clerical, administrative support, or general office experience.
- Previous customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with current state regulations.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work with our diverse population with special needs.
- Ability to work within a “fast paced & high stress” environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, and as member of a team.
- Commitment to punctuality and good attendance.
- Ability to provide and maintain professional relationships with clients and their families, which allowing for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving own vehicle the minimum state liability coverage is required.
JAMHI Employee Expectations:
- Demonstrates reliable work attendance.
- Consistently arrives, ready to work, at appointed time.
- Consistently complies with break and meal schedules.
- Consistently notifies supervisor of work absences within the appropriate time frames.
- Protects client privacy when performing duties.
- Protects client privacy off duty in the community.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Client’s Rights/Responsibilities.
- Adheres to JAMHI’s Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.
- Comply with all JAMHI P&Ps and operational guidelines and local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in identification of problems at JAMHI and contributes to group problem solving.
- Utilizes appropriate channels of communication for conflict resolution.
- Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among work team.
- Gives and accepts feedback in a constructive manner.
- Wears appropriate, clean attire and maintains good personal hygiene.
- Knows location and use of emergency equipment (fire alarms, extinguishers, panic button, etc.)
- Knows Emergency procedures, including proper response protocol.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Responds positively when learning needs are identified.
- Attends mandatory in-service programs.
JAMHI Pledge of Quality:
Commitment: In order to continuously improve in everything we do, we welcome, accept and act upon constructive feedback from any source.
Dedication: In order to fulfill our dedication to helping others, we work together and support each other – always.
Integrity: We keep the promises we make. We do not promise what we cannot do.
Accountability: We hold ourselves and each other accountable and responsible for our actions. WE do not look the other way. Measurements and time frames guide our progress.
Responsibility: We ALL accept responsibility to make a difference in meeting the needs of our co-workers, the customer and the community. We are ALL responsible for solutions to problems.
Recognition: We acknowledge each other’s successes. We find joy in what we do daily.
Respect: We treat each other in a dignified, friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times.
Communication: We respectfully Speak, Listen and Respond to ALL individuals. We do not make assumptions. We confirm the message sent is the one received.
Team Work: We have our expectations in order to help each other succeed in our daily responsibilities. This is the success of our organization, and the success of our clients.
Workers Supervised: 0
Disclaimer: The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the jobholder based upon the business needs and the request of management. Employee signature constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, duties, work environment, and physical requirements of this position.
Salary Range: $18.84 – $24.33
Application Instructions: To be considered for an available position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and your employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email to HR@jamhi.org or drop it off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.